For men who want a beast of a car, look no further than the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. It has all the manliness you could ever ask for in a car. In fact, it is the the most powerful American car ever made. Which is probably why it is barely street legal. Just look at these stats:
- V8 engine that can produce up to 840 HP and 770 pound-feet of torque.
- Zero to 60 mph in 2.1 seconds.
- Zero to 100 mph in 5.1 seconds.
- Quarter mile in 9.65 seconds and 140 mph (meaning you can’t race it on a track without a rollcage)
- It leaves the start line accelerating at 1.8 g, hitting 30 mph in 1.0 second.
- Horsepower peaks at 6,300 rpm, torque at 4,500 rpm.
- Brakes from 60 to 0 mph in 97 feet.
- Eco mode limits it to 500 horsepower, starts in second gear, and short-shifts subsequent gears.
This thing is a few horsepower short of being able to achieve time travel. But it does have just enough horsepower to pop wheelies, or at least Dodge says it can. Attempt at your own risk.
Step Up Your Game
Sign Up to TheDailyWant's Newsletter. Discover Gear and Gain Entry Into Our Monthly Giveaways.