We’re SUV guys and a tricked out, custom Land Rover Defender might just be our dream car. The East Coast Defender Viper project is certainly in the running for one that we would love to own. The $285,000 price tag puts it a little out of our budget, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to stop dreaming.
This project marks the first for ECD’s new UVC division, which was created for high net worth individuals. The UVC division will continue to cater to those with deep pockets who want a handcrafted SUV that is not limited by a specific Bill of Materials or budget. So the SUV you see here, was custom built specifically to the client’s demands. We must say, the client had some terrific demands, because this Defender has the perfect amount of performance and luxury.
Project Viper performance specs include:
• 6.2-liter, 430-hp Chevrolet LS3 V-8 engine
• Six-speed automatic transmission
• Hand built in the USA custom aluminum radiator
• Hand built in the USA Ricks Tanks full stainless steel fuel cell with dual point fuel pick ups
• Braided stainless steel fuel lines
• Stainless steel brake lines
• Wilwood brakes with 6-piston front race calipers and 4-piston rear race calipers with vented and drilled rotors all around
• KAM custom heavy duty axles with electronic locking differentials
• Heavy duty steering arms
• Fully custom suspension system
• King Off-Road Racing shocks and steering damper
• 2” lifted Old Man Emu coil springs
The interior of the Viper is not without its own beauty and luxury features. Some of those luxury features include a Puma dash upgrade and black Corbeau heated leather seats with white accent stitching. From a tech aspect, the Viper also offers wireless phone charging and a Kenwood touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, backup camera, wifi, and Apple Car Play/Android Auto with a custom Morel amplified speaker system.
East Coast Defender Automotive Photography by Deremer Studios LLC