By now you have to know how much we adore Land Rover Defenders and especially those that are part of the East Coast Defenders family. Today, we have their most recent build to show you and it is nothing short of spectacular. Even its name, which “Project Ironhorse” is completely badass.
The goal for “Project Ironhorse” was for this build to represent an ECD Heritage build that is a true throwback to the original. Rather than reinventing the wheel with this project, ECD rebuilt Ironhorse to stay as close to the original specifications, which includes a 4.6L Land Rover V8 that traces its roots back to the original Defenders. The outcome is a Defender purist’s dream.
Check out more of Project Ironhorse, and its detailed spec, below.
Project Ironhorse performance specs:
- 4.6L Land Rover V8 engine
- Four-speed ZF automatic transmission
- Stainless steel brake and fuel lines
- Stainless steel Borla Exhaust
Exterior and Styling Specs
- Sawtooth wheels with BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A K02 tires
- Full roof rack with LED spot lamps
- Stainless steel door trims
Interior and Convenience specs:
- Velocity Black Classic Instruments gauges
- Kenwood touchscreen infotainment system with backup camera, GPS, and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto and wifi
- Wireless charging
- Heated Land Rover seats in black leather with diamond stitched accents
- Diamond stitched headliner and wrapped dashboard
- LED lighting throughout
- Factory tinted Masai windows
- Woodgrain steering wheel by NRG Innovations
- Ravelco security system with remote locking
- Four inward facing rear jump seats