FarmStock Rye Crop 003: WhistlePig Whiskeys Best

Picking the right bottle of Whiskey is tough. They all throw a lot of ingredients and numbers at you. If you don’t know what you’re looking for it isn’t easy to get the Whiskey you want. With WhistlePig Whiskeys third release of their Terroir Whiskey, the FarmStock Rye Crop 003, they put everything out there so you know exactly what you’re getting. And it’s good, really good.

Made From Patience and Prosperity

Most people know aged alcohol is typically better. This aging process allows for some of the strong bitter notes and bites of the alcohol to subtle themselves, while hints of the wood from the barrels introduce themselves over time. This tried and true recipe is at work with the Rye Crop whiskey. This bottle is 52% 3-year-old Rye Whiskey. The other 48% comes from a careful blend of 6 year aged Whiskey, and 10 year aged whiskey from Alberta, Canada. This precise mix creates a very unique and distinct flavor profile. It’s been distilled and proofed with WhistlePigs own water, and aged in their Vermont White Oak custom barrel.

This all comes together to create a very sweet scent. With vanilla, maraschino, roasted chestnuts, and even traces of a cigar box, the scent is crisp, sweet, and very clear. Once this aroma has filled the air and you take a sip, the warm flavor takes over. The signature Oak hits first alongside toffee and some baking spices. These are followed by more subtle traces of creme brulee and rose petals which leave you with a soft rye spice finish.

The FarmStock Rye Crop 003 is a very specific Whiskey. WhistlePig has a clear vision for this drink and have hit it right on the head. Each carefully calculated ingredient and even the time it took to bring it all together is well worth it for a drink that delivers to all your senses. Buy Here

 

Read Next: 6 Of The Coolest Whiskey Decanters For Men