The Undersea Aquahoverer from Hammacher Schlemmer is a $1,500,000, two-person submarine-type vehicle that you never knew you always wanted.
If you’re thinking that this looks like a lovely cradle of death, don’t worry; the craft meets all the safety guidelines of the International Maritime Organization. In terms of maneuverability, the Undersea Aquahoverer drives like a car, has the ability to hover in place on its own, and it can descend to a depth of 400 feet. That’s not so bad. But is it worth $1,500,000?
– Six 400-rpm, 1.2-kilowatt ducted propellers—two front
– Capable of exploring depth of 400′
– Custom carbon fiber seats, with acrylic domes optimized for best underwater sightseeing.
– Intuitive and fly-by-wire controls (from either cockpit)
– Two independent digitally monitored oxygen systems
– The entire craft is powered by a rechargeable 15kWH battery.