Did you ever leave the theater after watching something like Baby Driver or James Bond and your heart’s racing and you think you can drive like that, but you really, really can’t? Well, you can be one step closer to your Fast and Furious dreams—and away from your Mario Kart nightmares (damn you, blue shell)—with Formula Car Racing School at the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey County, CA. You’ll develop advanced driving techniques while driving a real Formula race car on this 11-turn, 2.238-mile course on California’s beautiful central coast. This track is renowned for its “Corkscrew” turn that drops 6 stories from entry to exit.
This hands-on racecar driving program is a two-day class where you’ll do a lot more than just drive laps with the stunning Tatuus Renault Formula 1600.
- Classroom lesson introducing you to the car and its gearbox
- Trackside lesson to acquaint you with the car and its controls
- Vision and heel-and-toe exercises
- Two Formula car laps with instructor
- Two touring car laps with instructor
- Two open lap sessions
- MoTeC data and video debrief
- Selection of driving apparel
- Advanced theory and video/data review
- Track reconnaissance
- Heel-and-toe recap
- One open lap session with MoTeC and video debrief
- Three open lap sessions with MoTeC and video debrief
This detailed class and introduction to Formula car racing is a must for those with a passion for the sport or any racing enthusiasts! Sign Up